Propellerhead Reason 7 has long been a popular choice for people who are into music production. It was able to build a solid reputation in the past because of its numerous features and the mere fact that it is easy to use. To demonstrate the concerns of its creators towards providing customer satisfaction, new versions are being constantly created to introduce several improvements.
The Propellerhead Reason 7 delivers new music production features that made it an exceptional choice. The creators of the program have paid attention to the problems in the past versions and had them corrected to offer a product that delivers better value. Keep on reading and you will learn more about this music production software and decide if it is going to be a good buy.
Propellerhead Reason 7 Features:
The following are some of the main features of the Propellerhead Reason 7:
- Rack Extensions: This is a plug-in that was first introduced in Reason 6.5, which will provide you with more options in creating your music. There are more than a hundred extensions available to date, and it keeps on growing.
- External MIDI Instrument: Are you looking for hardware synths and beat machines sounds to integrate in your project? This version of Reason comes with the ability to have your instruments integrated in a manner that is as seamless as possible because of MIDI out.
- Versatile SSL Mixer: The Reason 7 is modelled from SSL 9000k console, which is why it can provide you with an easy access to the tools that you will need for sculpting audio, such as EQ, effects, filters, and full dynamics.
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer: This is another significant update from the previous versions, which will be basically responsible for allowing you to add vintage sound effects on your projects. It can be compared to Snapseed, a mobile phone application that allows you to fine-tune images before they are uploaded in your social media account. Audiomatic Retro Transformer allows music to be polished to create an astounding output.
- Bus Channels: The improved version of Reason will now allow users to create multiple busses and to easily route your projects in these busses. This is going to make music production less labor-intensive, allowing you to save a lot of time and making the software a lot easier to use.
- Automatic Slicing of Audio: Comparable to ReCycle, with the only difference being the fact that it is fully automatic, this feature will allow automatic analysis for percussive content. It will also make it easier for you to have an audio clip repositioned based on the outcome that you anticipate.
- Spectrum EQ: The new version of Reason comes with a floating window with generous size. The window will make it easier for you to track whatever you are doing, such as the track you are currently working on.
- Authorize Other Computers: If you are working on different computers from time to time, you will surely love the feature of the Reason 7, which allows you to authorize individual computers. With an account from Propellerhead, you can open the application in several computers and access the projects you have created.
The following are some of the good things about Propellerhead Reason 7, which might just convince you to have it considered above all other choices:
- User-friendly: One thing that is often noted by its users is the fact that it is approachable. It is built even for beginners as it does not come with any complication. Its approach to music production is pretty much straightforward, allowing you to create music without the fuss.
- Loaded with Significant Improvements: If you have been using the previous versions of Reason, it is now time to make a shift to Reason 7 as it has tons of significant improvements, not only in its interface, but also from an overall perspective. It is a proof that Reason keeps on improving in each version that is introduced.
- Huge User Base: What does this mean? This simply means that there are a lot of people who trust this program, and hence, giving you sufficient reason to have it considered as a viable alternative as well.
- Unique Personality: It is also a god thing that it offers a refreshing take as it does not follow the trend with other DAWs. It is created to have its own personality, providing users with a different kind of experience when editing music.
Nonetheless, like in the case of any other DAW, the Propellerhead Reason 7 does not come without significant drawbacks, with some of them including the following:
- Lack of Technical Features: While there are some people who are appreciative of the simplicity of this program, there are also some who view such as a disadvantage. This is because they are limited in terms of how they can tweak audio and they do not have as much choices when it comes to music editing.
- Rack Extensions Require Internet Connection: It is a good thing that you can have an access to extensions. Nonetheless, one problem is that such will only be accessible if you are connected to the internet.
- Expensive Price: A lot were hesitant to upgrade to Reason 7 because they think that it is too expensive. Aside from price, they also do not like how the new version cannot coexist with the previous versions of Reason.
In sum, the Propellerhead Reason 7 can prove to be an excellent alternative for people who are looking for the best DAW that is available in the market today. It may lack features that are too technical, but it does not fall short in terms of serious tools that will be needed in music production. With its approachable interface and the massive improvements from the past versions, this is indeed a technology that will enable anyone to make great music. Even if you are a beginner, its user-friendly interface will make its use almost as effortless as possible on your end.